Visitor from Phoenix
A young man named Sawleh visited Shaykh Amin. He traveled from Phoenix. This brother is the son of Maulana Zubair Abdurrahman, who studied with Shaykh Amin at Sabeel-ur-Rashad.
I learned that Maulana Zubair was one of the few students at Sabeel-ur-Rashad who was of African-American descent. Shaykh Amin had not been keeping well that week, but he was particular to meet with Sawleh. He received the young man lovingly and enquired about his friend's health and the rest of the family as well.
The conversation turned silent after a while. When the Shaykh spoke again, he advised the young man. He said many things, but this stayed with me, and I paraphrase:
Seek out the company of those who Allah is close to. One sign of someone that Allah is close to is that he loves Allah and his Messenger, SallAllahu 'alayhi wa Sallam.Another sign is that such a person is always engaged in helping others. Both these conditions must exist. It is impossible for someone to attain nearness to Allah if he/she does not love the beloved of Allah.
Intention for tax-deductible donations
Just check your niyah when you give.
Would you give if there were no tax benefit?
If yes, then you are okay. If not, then your niyah is lacking.
About Mawlana Qasim
Dhikr for the year 1439
Family joining tariqah
Yes, as long as they are 16 years old.
External Web Articles
From the Hadith Qudsi
(Hadith – Bukhari and Muslim)
This site serves as an online reference and forum for saalikeen of the Qadiriyyah Akbariyyah Meeraniyyah order of Shaykh Mohammed Amin Kholwadia. This site is dedicated to presenting in detail the principles that form the foundation of the Qadirī-Akbarī Tariqa. The ultimate purpose of the site is to present content that aims to instill in the interested visitor an ever-increasing love for Allah, the inevitable destination of any path trodden.
Provisions of a Traveler
In our quest to reach Allah we must understand the provisions we need in order to reach our destination. These provisions are of three types: physical, ethical/intellectual and spiritual. We will discuss all of these three types of provisions. Read more
Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
Shaykh Ibn Arabi
Other adhkaar (Optional)
Code of Conduct
- Iman Mujammil
- Iman Mufassil
- I believe in the bliss and the punishment of the grave; in Paradise, in Hell, in accountability in front of Allah, in the Book of Deeds, in scales of deeds, in the Bridge and in the Fountain of Kauthar outside of Jannah.
- I hold all the companions of the Prophet SAWS in high esteem and I regard all of them to be trustworthy in matters of deen.
- I will offer five times salat a day.
- I will fast in the month of Ramadan.
- I will give zakat if obligatory upon me.
- I will perofrm Hajj if I am able to do so.
- I will not hurt any human being. In fact, I will try to please them.
- I will not be extravagant in my spending.
- I will earn through halal means only and I will stay away from forbidden and suspicious means.
- I will be humble to the creation of Allah. I will not look down upon anyone.
- I will honor anyone who is a medium to the Prophet SAWS and Allah.
- I will not associate any partners with Allah. I will not steal. I will not fornicate/commit adultery. I will not kill anyone. I will not slander anyone, nor will I disobey the Prophet SAWS in any good matter.
- I will not gaze at men or women that are not mahram.
- I will not lie nor backbite.
- I will not swear nor say anything that is contrary to what I have in mind.
- I will not practise anything that our predecessors did not practise. Nor will I engage in un-Islamic customs.
- Indeed I will act only to please Allah and indeed He is worthy of obeying.
From The Hadith Qudsi...
"Almighty Allah says, I treat my servant according to his expectations from Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart; if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a better and nobler gathering (i.e. of angels). If he comes closer to Me by one span, I go towards him a cubit's length, if he comes towards Me by a cubit's length, I go towards him an arm's length, and if he walks towards Me, I run unto him."
(Hadith – Bukhari and Muslim)
Sending reward of recitation to another
Salaam. After the recitation, ask Allah to send the reward to whomever you intend.
And yes, the reciter will benefit in the other world also insha Allah.
Lecture at MEC
Questions to the Shaykh
The following questions have been answered by Shaykh Amin.
Dreaming of the Prophet (pbuh)
I have read where some shuyukh in history have said that if a person ever sees the Prophet (peace be upon him) in a dream that they will be saved from the Hellfire.
Is this an absolute statement, or does it matter on the actual meaning of the dream? In other words, is it possible for a person to see the Prophet, peace be upon him, in a dream and still end up being punished in hell in the hereafter?
Seeing the Prophet SAW in a dream is indeed a great blessing. The Prophet SAW said that who ever sees me in a dream has indeed seen me - for the devil cannot assume my figure.
However, the Shaykh Akbar - Ibn Arabi - has stated that it is quite possible that the devil may insinuate in the mind of a vivid dreamer that he is seeing the Prophet without actually seeing him.
That is why the interpretation of such dreams gain even more importance.
The idea that someone has actually seen the Prophet SAW in a dream is then severly lightened by what the Shaykh Akbar has explained.
Insha Allah, the best way to seek salvation is to follow Islam; love Allah and His Prophet and send plenty of blessings on him and his beloved family.
Also, it is quite possible that someone may actually see the Prophet SAW in a dream where the dream does not bear good news for the dreamer. In such instances, the interpreter will ask the subject to repentent and mend his ways.
Allah know best.
Reset Q & A
Message Boards Introductory Text
At a minimum, all mureeds and approved guests must subscribe to the Announcements category so as not to miss out on general announcements.
To post a message to the message boards:
- Choose a category
- Click Post New Thread
- Type your message/question/comment
- Click Publish
* Note: You cannot post new threads to the Announcements category, but you can reply to them.
Note On Etiquette
It goes without saying that mureeds must maintain the highest standards of behavior while interacting on these message boards. Post your messages with the assumption that the Shaykh will read them.
The Shaykh has access to the message boards, and he may choose to participate in discussions as he sees fit. That being said, the message boards are not a forum to direct questions to the Shaykh, or expect a response from him. If you wish to ask the Shaykh a question, you must use the Q & A page.